- School Life
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: PRESIDENT
ST. PAUL’S HIGH SCHOOL, WINNIPEG, MANITOBA, CANADA
ABOUT ST. PAUL’S HIGH SCHOOL
St. Paul’s High School is an independent, university preparatory Catholic school for young men based in the Jesuit tradition. Founded in 1926, the school has been under the operation of the English Canada Province of the Society of Jesus, also known as the Jesuits, since 1931.
Located in the vibrant, diverse city of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, St. Paul’s High School is a well-regarded educational institution with roughly 575 students spanning grades 9-12. More detailed information about our school may be found at www.stpauls.mb.ca/about/at_a_glance.
St. Paul’s High School’s Jesuit tradition and community are strong, and we are looking forward to the future with excitement, knowing we are blessed to be entrusted with our mission and with the support and prayers of our students, families, faculty, staff, alumni, and benefactors.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President is responsible for preserving, promoting and advancing the Ignatian Mission and Identity of the school, which forms the basis for everything we do at St. Paul’s.
The President will provide enthusiastic, mission-centered leadership overseeing all aspects of St. Paul’s faith formation, operations, advancement, facilities, and public relations.
For the position of President, the ideal candidate:
is a practicing Catholic in good standing who embraces and models the values of Ignatian spirituality
• has completed or is willing to complete The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola
• is an educator holding a Master’s degree in Education, Business Management, or Humanities from an accredited university
• possesses exceptional verbal and written skills for effective communication with various key audiences
In addition, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in:
• the business management skills necessary to manage a financial budget and develop strategic and annual plans
• the skills necessary to effectively market the strengths of a school, build community relationships, and drive fundraising activities
• building, coaching, and empowering effective teams and holding team members accountable for performance
On behalf of the St. Paul’s community, we invite your inquiry, application or nomination of a colleague. Well-qualified candidates, with the appropriate leadership and academic credentials, are expected to be available to assume the responsibilities of the position in anticipation of the 2018/2019 school year.
To apply, please submit by March 28, 2018, a cover letter expressing your interest in and qualifications for leading St. Paul’s High School, a current resume and three references. Please email these documents as separate PDF attachments in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “St. Paul’s High School - President” in the subject field. Inquiries and applications will be held confidentially. Should you wish to learn more about the position or would like to recommend a candidate, please contact the Search Chair, Andre Kriening at (204) 295-9013.