April 30, 2018
Position: Assistant Business Manager
Reports to: Business Manager
Provides leadership and general management activities associated with the operation of a Jesuit Catholic high school with an operating budget in excess of $8 million. This includes managing accounting related activities associated with budgeting, financial statements, general ledger, investments, financial management, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, insurance and tax compliance. This position assists management in interpreting and utilizing accounting information.
Major Financial Responsibilities:
- Ensures timely, accurate and meaningful financial reporting to appropriate parties both internal and external, with respect to the School and Foundation including but not limited to year-end audit, financial statement capital expenditure and cash flow reports as required
- Prepares CRA Charities Directorate reports
- Prepares the FRAME report
- Provides support and advice to administration and ancillary bodies such as SPHS Parent guild and SPHS Alumni Association
- Reviews payroll reports and activities prepared by accounting staff
- Oversees processes including monitoring of Student accounts and collections
- Maintains the CAPEX capital expenditure report
- Oversees the creation of a database of all assets for risk management purposes
- May assume Business Manager financial responsibilities
- In cooperation with the Building and Grounds Manager ensures that the building and property are secured and maintained
- Ensures all accounting and payroll software systems are current. .
- Signing officer for School bank accounts
- Ensures all required federal and provincial taxes are reported and paid
- Oversees the recording and reporting process for non-faculty employee vacation and absences.
- Provides guidance to support staff with regards to government legislative changes regarding labour matters and donation receipting
- Other related responsibilities as required
- A CPA professional accounting designation or equivalent Business Administration experience
Kind and Length of Experience Required:
- 5+ years of experience in a business management role, with an emphasis on accounting and office/business management.
- Experience with a not-for-profit or charity preferred
- Experience with Accpac accounting or other accounting software
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Broad based knowledge of accounting and management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to combine logic and a common-sense approach to addressing issues and solving problems.
- Strong planning and organizing skills with the ability to manage multiple, and often times competing priorities.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé by Friday, May 25th to:
Richard Pelda ’69
St. Paul’s High School
2200 Grant Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, R3P 0P8
Only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
Interview candidates will be required to provide three professional references at the time of the interview.