NewsJob Posting - Youth and Outreach Coordinator (CJI)
Youth and Outreach Coordinator
Canadian Jesuits International (CJI)
CJI is seeking a highly motivated individual to act as Youth and Outreach Coordinator. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to use their skills with a not-for-profit organization committed to social justice.
Canadian Jesuits International (CJI) is the overseas development agency of the Jesuits in English Canada. Working with local partners in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, CJI supports programs in education, health, agriculture, human rights, pastoral care and emergency relief. We raise awareness among Canadians about the causes of injustice and poverty in the Global South.
- Plan and organize educational events for school audiences as well as for general public to raise awareness on themes of international solidarity and justice linked to CJI programs
- Develop strategies for engaging students and educators in CJI programs and in social justice issues
- Participate in public presentations and other constituency-building activities;
- Organize events, campaigns, and visits by Southern partner to Canada;
- Assist in the production of communication materials, including designing of simple event flyers
- Update the CJI Website, Facebook, Blog, Flickr, YouTube and Twitter accounts
- Develop social media networks
- Assist in the organization of periodic overseas study tours and Southern partner visits to Canada
- Work with the CJI staff team in various projects as required (research, writing, power point presentations)
- University degree in social sciences, education, theology or equivalent
- A demonstrated commitment and understanding of global justice issues and international development;
- Direct work experience in the global south is an asset
- Understanding of Catholic Social teaching an asset
- Experienced in youth programming and in working with schools.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of Spanish and French is an asset.
- Comfortable with public speaking;
- Skilled in computers, social media, web and print communication, including basic graphic skills
- Strong administrative, interpersonal and organizational skills
- This is a two-year position with full benefits, based in Toronto.
- Occasional weekend work may be required. Some travel in Canada or internationally may be required.
Deadline for application: May 21, 2012
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include cover letter and resume.
CJI is committed to diversity in its workplace and welcomes applications from qualified candidates eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
April 19, 2012 at 10:00am