Founded in 1926, St Paul’s High School is a Catholic, independent university preparatory school for young men owned and operated by the Society of Jesus—the Jesuits in English Canada.
Part of a worldwide network of Jesuit schools recognized for excellence in education, spiritual formation and leadership, St Paul's has its roots in a system that reaches back more than 450 years to the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius de Loyola and the first Jesuit school founded in Messina, Italy, in 1548.
The Advancement Office Assistant will
· Assist with coordinating the School’s planned giving program, the St Paul’s High School Legacy Society, including contacting potential members and organizing the annual induction ceremony.
· Assist with coordinating the annual Crusader Raffle which includes obtaining a license from the Manitoba Gaming Control Commission, coordinating the distribution of tickets, recording results and analyzing data.
· Assist with various events coordinated by the Advancement Office, such as the annual Ignatian Challenge Award Tribute Dinner, alumni events and donor receptions.
· Maintain and update student, alumni and donor database records.
· Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors.
· Prepare invitations and documents for large mail outs, including the St Paul’s High School Calendar.
· Be responsible for office supply and inventory management for the Advancement Office.
· Perform filing and institute an archival policy for records management.
· Assist the Advancement Office on special projects.
· Perform general administrative functions and other responsibilities as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned
Experience and relevant skills include
· Attention to detail and strong written communication skills in English
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including performing mail merges, and database management experience (familiarity with Rasier’s Edge an asset)
· Demonstrated ability to manage different projects simultaneously and work as part of a team
· Strong religious conviction and practice would be an asset
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and encourage ongoing professional development and leadership opportunities.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward a letter of application, a detailed résumé and professional references by 19 October, 2013, to
Nahannai Lewis, Executive Assistant, St Paul’s High School
2200 Grant Avenue, Winnipeg MB R3P 0P8, firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about St Paul’s High School, please visit our website at www.stpauls.mb.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest and regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
September 14, 2013 at 6:00am