In 1926, the Oblate Fathers, at the invitation of Archbishop Alfred A. Sinnott of Winnipeg, opened the first English Catholic High School for boys in the Province of Manitoba. This building on Selkirk Avenue in North Winnipeg soon proved inadequate so, in 1931, the school moved to the corner of Ellice and Vaughan. The direction of the college was then determined by the diocesan clergy, with Dr C. B. Collins as Rector. Rapid enrollment led to the construction of Paul Shea Hall in 1932, which provided a separate high school building.
The new addition doubled capacity of St. Paul's High School. The Archbishop asked the Jesuit Fathers of the Province of Upper Canada to assume ownership with a staff of four Jesuits, four lay teachers and eight diocesan priests. With Fr. Holland as the first Jesuit rector, the school had about 200 students in attendance. In 1964, the deteriorating property was replaced by the construction of the present high school in South Winnipeg
In May, 1981, Fr. William F. Ryan, S.J., Provincial Superior of the Society of Jesus of Upper Canada, published "Our Way of Proceeding in the '80s". The result of prayer, consultation, planning and reflection over a two-year period, representing a consensus on how the apostolic works of English speaking Canadian Jesuits were to continue.
The Angus Reid Arts and Multi-Media Centre was opened in November 2000, with 3 classrooms, an Art Room, a Music Room with practice salons, a multimedia computer lab, a new Cafeteria and a new Crusader Locker Room. The Canadian Martyrs' Chapel was moved to the old Art Room and the old Crusader Shoppe became the Fr. Alfred Jobin, S.J. Campus Ministry Centre.
The Paul Albrechtsen Multiplex was officially opened in June 2013. The MultiPlex features full size volleyball and basketball courts with seating for up to 800, a state of the art workout room, the Alumni and Friends Hall and several offices and classrooms.